Re: [NTLK] WiFi setup help

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 10:01:15 EDT

Hello Morgan,

On the suggestion of others, I have changed the Airport wireless
security to 40 bit WEP and entered the hex password equivalent in
Lucent card setup (and restarted the Newton).

Basically, with the settings you suggest, nothing changes: the error
referring to smtp.orange.es remains when using the manual setup and
the error referring to the inability to connect to the DHCP server
remains when using the DHCP setup.

I've had enough now. I honestly believe that it is possible to set up
the Newton fairly easily, but that there seems to be no-one who knows
exactly how to configure the machine and its components in different
environments.

Thanks very much for all your help, but it is time to call it a day.
It is simply too frustrating for me to continue.

I shall now catalogue my Newton items and offer them for sale. I shall
inform the NewtonTalk messageboard when a list of the items is
available.

David