Re: [NTLK] USB-Serial connection

From: Phil Muller <wndrstrck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 22:44:06 EDT

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Tony Kan <tonykan@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Phil
>
> Wow, based on responses so far, it looks like you might be the only one!
> ;)
>
> In this situation he isn't getting a response at all and the Newton just
> times
> out.
>
> In my experiences with serial connections, I could always usually get a
> connection but it might drop out part way through, which slowdown seemed to
> (imperfectly) address.
>
> Any ideas on why he isn't getting a response at all? I suppose it is
> possible
> that he might be really unlucky and his cable which was bought from JK
> Sales is
> faulty...
>
> Cheers

Tony
I would first double check and make sure there are no conflicts with the com
ports you are trying to access with NCU. Then I would check and make sure
the most up to date driver is loaded for the USB to serial adapter.

Is it possible to test it with another serial device?

Phil Muller
Newton Enthusiast
110-130-2000-2000U