Re: [NTLK] More MacPad Rumors

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 03:56:02 EDT

>Devil's advocate: if there is so much demand, why aren't tablet pcs
selling like hotcakes? :)

In one word: windows :-)

In more then one work, I would think its windows' lack of good integration with the tablet interface & hwr. Maybe that's what's stopping apple as both windows and OS x weren't meant to be pen based. But I haven't used a recent windows tablet (the one I have is b&w and runs a 486 lol) so I might be wrong about current win tablets. I did like windows half round thumb keyboard setup on MID devices (or ultra mobiles, what ever they're called). Of course apple made the springboard launcher for mutli touch on the iphone so maybe they are working on a comparable "finder" for pen input.

Joe Reilly