Re: [NTLK] Dare / plea

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 14:47:18 EDT

On Jul 10, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Peter Fraser wrote:

> There used to be a list online someplace that showed the join dates
> and postings stats for the members, as well as a cool interactive map
> of where we all are located.

I think the list join date was part of the stats for the old
NewtonTalk list when it was hosted by Planet Newton. I can't recall
that information ever being part of the current list server, although
I can check with Victor, the previous list dad.

The interactive map went out of commission shortly after Victor
changed jobs, and the map software was no longer updatable through his
employer. I still have the data and code for the map, but it's really
something that ought to be rebuilt using Google Maps or some other
less proprietary set of tools.

However ...

If you'd like to see how many posts you've made (and the amount of
data you've produced) since joining the list, we can help. Send a
message to <ecartis@newtontalk.net> with following text in the body of
the message:

stats newtontalk

Make sure you are sending the message from the same account that you
subscribed to the list with.

We also have monthly stats pages which tally up the top posters and
the most popular email clients used by list members (and a few other
tidbits):

http://www.newtontalk.net/stats/
http://www.newtontalk.net/stats/index.php?read=2009-07

> I wonder who's been a member for the longest continuous period of
> time?

Well, my first post was March 6, 2000 ... but I know there's several
other NewtonTalkers out there who've been around longer.

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/mar2000-apr2000/0413.html

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian