Re: [NTLK] Dare / plea

From: Josef Chessor <josefcub_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 13:09:08 EDT

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Jim Lee<jimlee@centurytel.net> wrote:
> I have exactly the same issue.  I've gone through three wireless
> routers, from different manufacturers, and they all had the same
> problem.  Once a week or so, they all stopped accepting 802.11 traffic
> and needed to be rebooted.  The wired ports remained unaffected.
>
> Is this a widespread/known issue, or have I just been unlucky three
> times?  Note that this occurred even before my neighbors started using
> wireless routers (i.e. there was no 802.11 interference to blame).
>
> -Jim

i've had the same wireless router for four years, and have only had to
reboot it once, and it wasn't because of my Newton. FWIW, it's a
WRT54G, a later revision. I actually had the router stop responding
on the wired ports, and that's why it was rebooted. But no problems
since. It would have to be a firmware issue, if there's nobody else
in the vicinity with a router...