Re: [NTLK] Einstein on N800 Redux

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 18:45:11 EST

<snip>
I'm pretty tempted by the Touch too. I wasn't for the longest time. But now that PhatWare has its (Newton-related) HWR programs and PIM out, it's tempting, to me.
<snip>
Jon,
I've played with phatwares demo (writepad) and they're hwr is pretty cool and since its the decendent of the newts hwr very familiar. However they're notes app doesn't look very good right now, its got the hwr but no folders so it looks basicly like the built in notes app with hwr. It also has a sync ability but you have to load an app on your Mac and it uses csv files, another app called "take a note" uses webdav so you mount your Touch as a network drive and just copy txt files to it (you can transport other file types too I discovered) but take a note lacks hwr. With the webdav/txt file support and folders "take a note" plays nice with newtsync and its text plug-in so that's what I'm using right now on my touch until phatware inproves their offerings.

Joe Reilly