Re: [NTLK] Redefining the Newton

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 22:24:59 EST

Hello,

--- On Sun, 1/11/09, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:

> Monitoring the elctricity that goes to the muscle is not
> working well at all through the skin. Tendo tension could be meaure, but
> would createissues with your skin again due to the constant
> contact.

I suspected it wasn't *quite* as easy as I thought it might be. [grins ruefully] But the nice thing about being stupid is that everything seems possible (if only temporarily).

> One handheld keyboard was already mentioned, but there are
> many more:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorded_keyboard

The handmade keyer in the second picture certainly got my attention! Cool.

> Some of them are actually quite usable, but they all have a
> steep learning curve, especially if you have to switch between a
> regular keyboard and the handheld one,

I can imagine. The Microwriter looks particularly intriguing, but apparently it never really caught on, despite its advantages (and the endorsement of Douglas Adams).

Thanks for the article.

Best,

James Fraser