Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 22:58:00 EST

Hello,

--- On Sat, 1/10/09, Reilly001os@aol.com <Reilly001os@aol.com> wrote:

> Look how apples now repositioning the iphone and iPod touch
> as game devices.

Is this repositioning part of a cohesive overall strategy? Or is it more along the lines of "We need to find a market niche for these devices to occupy....and quick!"

I guess I have a hard time thinking of those two products as "gaming devices" at the price points they occupy (and with the added expense of the data service plans needed to actually make them useful). I'm not saying it's not possible for them to be perceived that way, I'm just wondering if gamers are a large enough (and wealthy enough) demographic to keep such a niche alive and growing.

Best,

James Fraser