Re: [NTLK] Any tips on using Mail V? This is my first email o

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 05:59:55 EST

Ok:

I have to say that Ron Parker is the man. Getting there...

I did what you said, and you were right, my old email was set as the email address in POP settings and did not match my username.

I can send emails now with port number appended on the end. I can receive mail as well. I tested a few times with no errors. Some observations:

1. Takes a long time to download mail...?? Like several minutes just for a few small messages, is that normal? I am in download, not browse mode.

2. Why the "he double hockey sticks" does yahoo.ca cause all kids of crazy behaviors/error messages, where using sbcglobal settings does not? With yahoo.ca, I can send mail but receiving causes memory error messages.