Re: [NTLK] [OT] eBay sniping

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 04:41:08 EST

Haven't used eBay much lately and previously used it more for selling
than for buying (I have a six-hundred and something score), but I
believe there used to be a thing called Proxy-bidding, whereby you
could specify the maximum you wished to bid, and bidding would then
proceed for you automatically, until that maximum was reached. A good
system, as it put a certain brake on over-enthusiastic bidding and
took away the need to stay up until four in the morning in order to be
able to follow the end phase of an auction.

Does proxy-bidding no longer exist?

David