Re: [NTLK] Wifi Cards and Browsers

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 15:23:14 EST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> As for wifi cards, I don't have the exact brand but I will check for it...
> but I will tell you this. On a PowerBook 2400c list, someone managed to
> install internal wifi. I want to use the same technique with the newton.
> Essentially, you obtain a wifi PC Card that sort of is meant to go
> internally into a machine, wrap the antenna around the side of the device,
> and it works.

Hey Tony and Ryan,
This is the one that you should consider if you want to use it with your
Newton and the least amount of extension outside of the Newton.
You could also try using an antennae extension and place it inside the
Newton but I've not found one to test with. I would try it with the antennae
from a Pismo screen I have in the basement but that will have to wait till I
have real free time in the near future. HTH with this thread as I waited for
someone to respond before chiming in.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung