[NTLK] Card removal problems

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 01:54:58 EST 2009

The archives seem fine to me

but here is what Victor says about that

Positive errors are hardware errors.  They're nigh impossible to
decode unless
you are using Hammer, the low-level NewtonOS debugger.  99 times out
of 100,
encountering such an error when a card is inserted means that the card
is
damaged - either bad blocks, or some other problem.  Since the Newton
still
asks for the card when you remove it, I'd say that the card has
developed at
least one bad block.  Unfortunately, the NewtonOS cannot map out bad
blocks on
a linear card, so your card is most likeky useless.  Hope you had a
backup...

still you might try to insert it with Prefs open and try to reformat it.

Woody