[NTLK] iPhone speach recognition available

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 09:42:38 EST 2009

paolo savonuzzi wrote:
> ... all I see on their site is:
>
> "Privacy Policy
> We understand our users' privacy rights and concerns and assure you that data uploaded through our Dragon Dictation application will not be used in any way aside from enhancing your experience with the application. Dragon Dictation application does upload a user's contact names only (no phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) The data is used to optimize recognition when a user speaks a name while dictating text messages and emails. Search queries and dictation requests are transcribed by fully automated speech recognition software, without the use of humans. We ensure data integrity and security. All speech recognition requests and associated data are processed in data centers in the U.S. that adhere to stringent security and privacy standards; these are the same standards that we use for processing sensitive information in other areas of our business."
>

> could you, please, post a link to the EULA you mentioned?
>
> thnx :-)

Sorry, paolo, when I saw the problem, I backed out and deleted the app.
I THEN read the reviews at the iTunes Store and saw that I wasn't the
only one disturbed by Nuance's sneakiness. I know, I SHOULD have read
them first, but at least I'm not out any money.

Their "policy" you quote above is claptrap; the reason they give for
violating people's privacy is specious.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney