[NTLK] Newton Message Pad 120 connection

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Mon Dec 7 03:09:35 EST 2009

Welcome to the list.

For your color classic all you need hardware wise is a serial printer
cable.
For OS 1.3 use NCK <http://www.unna.org/unnasearch/entry.php?pkey=507>
Connect newt to mac with serial cable, run NCK on mac then find and
tap the connect icon in extras drawer on the newt.
The Newton will not be a networked device as another mac would be, you
can only connect through the NCK application.
OS 1.3 is good for PIM, books and notes. some good games too such as
Daleks.  It has an excellent reflective display.
See UNNA <http://www.unna.org/> for books and applications.
You may need PackType to correct file type for some downloaded newton
packages.
<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/macos> get it here and drop packages on
the icon.
It cannot use ethernet and I don't think there is an email client for
it.
Check the archives for additional information.

I would recommend getting a 2100 with a serial dongle.  You can then
use your color classic to install, backup etc.
You can also then connect to osx via ethernet to NCX.

Woody