Re: [NTLK] Pen computing is dead... long live the iNewt

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 10:29:05 EDT

~~~ On 2009/08/16 08:45, RAParker at quadzillanet@sbcglobal.net wrote ~~~

> On Aug 16, 2009, at 12:25 AM, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, but isn't this just a bank of
>> college students typing your
>> transcript to text? I don't think it's
>> machine recognition at all...
>
> I don't think so. I checked out the facts online it seems like that it's
> pretty legit, interesting reviews and actually quite fascinating. I imagine I
> would be able to improve the accuracy quite a bit with a little practice...
> Learning how to talk more natural instead of anticipating the fact that I
> actually recording myself for transcribing.

Errr, hang on a minute. Spinvox? Are we talking about this:
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/29/spinvox_mechanical_turk/>

 i.e., <http://tinyurl.com/nfmto4> if that link is broken in transit.

There's not still any question, about whether or not their using human call
centres to take up the slack for their "magic machine", is there?

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl