Re: [NTLK] [OT]: dead SE FDHD (was:my old Mac SE20~help!)

From: Andy Taylor <andy_otter_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri Aug 14 2009 - 08:15:17 EDT

Thanks for the prompt reply, G Y!
Can't see any door on the back of the SE FDHD, only the expansion slot.

So you reckon symptoms don't point to dead PRAM battery?

I have tried 3 old floppies with system folders on them. I also found
a link to a System Startup disk image (6.0.8) which i put on a newly
formatted (to Mac OS Standard) floppy via a USB external drive
attached to a MacBook Pro. All to no avail.

Any pointers?

Cheers,
Andy