Re: [NTLK] Ethernet doesn't work

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 10:38:38 EDT

On Sep 21, 2008, at 11:47 PM, Matt Howe wrote:

> You need a special Ethernet cable where the pairs are twisted.
> These cables
> used to be called uplink cables and they function like a null modem
> for
> Ethernet.
>
> Matt (Ducky) Howe

I know the PPC Macs are able to do the switching internally on the
network card so a crossover cable isn't needed. I'm guess this is
still true for the Intel Macs, but I don't have one to test. One
option you could try is to leave the cable unplugged until the
connection slip turns the card on and then plug it in. That might
jump start your Mac into seeing the connection.