Re: [NTLK] Your latest unexpected Newton OS or application discovery

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 12:49:24 EDT

The last thing that made me go "Wow!" was when I figured out how to make
maps for GPSMapping, hooked it to my GPS and went for a walk around my
neighborhood. It was so cool watching that little circle follow me on the
map.

I have a trip planned for the end of the month. I will be testing my
understanding of multiple map mapping files. Once I have that I will be
writing up something about making maps (I know there has been others but
hey, one more can't hurt.) And I will be adding a section on how to make
maps using Google Earth images.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Doug Parker wrote:
<snip>
What was the last, neat, unexpected thing
you found the Newton would do? Sort of like
the different Easter eggs that software
developers sometimes put into their portion
of the code, but in this case it can be
something you discovered on your own
months or years after having used the
Newton or one of its applications.