Re: [NTLK] SW to switch a Newton off without using power switch?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 12:56:59 EDT

I use Dashboard (truly a necessity that enhances an already great platform) and it has a built in "sleep" item.
I paired the built in "sleep" with the launcher characters "sl" so that when I want to shut down my Newt, I just write "sl" in the launcher area and it sleeps.
The cool thing is that this is also scriptable...and Dashboard allows you to write scripts and use them! Yay!
I haven't written many scripts, but it's nice to know that that functionality is there.
Ed
web/gadget guru
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."