Re: [NTLK] Car Charger for $70?

From: Robert Terhune <robert_at_useKJVonly.com>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 01:02:38 EDT

I haven't looked at any official specs, but here's what I gather you'd
need for a DC car charger (or any charger, for that matter) from
looking at my two Apple-branded MP and eMate adapters:
7-7.5 V
500 - 1200 mA (0.5 - 1.2 A)
center positive (inside is +)
5mm plug (I could be wrong on this one)

As far as I can tell, the charger you mention can do all those EXCEPT
the 500 mA. I have an (~10 yr-old) 273-1810 and it does only 300 mA.
Now, that might be enough, but you may want to only charge with it (if
you try to use the MP at the same time it may not have the power and
you may blow the 273-8111's fuse).

It would be nice if we could come up with a DC charger, though,
because the inverter-option is not only clumsy, but also highly
inefficient (you might burn something like 10 W just to deliver 3 W to
your MP).

-Robert

The King James Version Bible is the only true Word of God.
If you want to get to Heaven, you must read it every day and do what
it says.
For more information, please visit http://www.useKJVonly.com