Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Status Update

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 14:16:00 EST

On Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 8:05 am Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> Newted Community Status Update
>
> After several fruitless attempts to
> resurrect the Newted Community
> server, I disassembled the Cobalt
> Qube and extracted the bothersome
> hard drive. The drive will soon be
> winging its way to the good folks
> at Datacent for appraisal and ultimate
> recovery.
>
> Hopefully.

Grant, I feel for you!

I also want to make a recommendation: Steve Gibson's "SpinRite"

You will find his amazing here:

Gibson Research Corporation

<http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm>

I've been an avid listener to Security Now Podcast with Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte. They have relayed so many hard drive recovery stories that you could spend a whole year just listening to them. Steve is an assembly programmer from back in the days and now focuses on network security. However, his Hard Drive recovery software is the only thing like it in the industry. His patents were once even solicited by Peter Norton for a buy out. He held out and it was a good thing.

You can purchase and download a bootable iso image of his software for $89.00. Well worth the purchase when compared to the cost of Data Recovery centers. He has a money back guarantee and heck, I would even be so inclined as to buy it for you myself... just to hear another success story.

His "software" uses the drive's built in sector analysis "hardware" to force the drive to redirect unrecoverable (error resulting) data bits to undamaged sectors. This process can take only hours or, several days and sometimes longer.

You must check it out!

I'm quite sure you Will be able to get a full backup of everything on the drive. Put a new drive in your Qube, and then restore Newted.org to it's full glory in under a week.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
      |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
More processing power than some third world countries.