[NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Status Update

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 11:05:20 EST

Newted Community Status Update

After several fruitless attempts to resurrect the Newted Community
server, I disassembled the Cobalt Qube and extracted the bothersome
hard drive. The drive will soon be winging its way to the good folks
at Datacent for appraisal and ultimate recovery.

Hopefully.

The site backups and existing bits of data from the server were not as
complete as I had originally thought. Yes, I do have a few significant
chunks of the site available for republishing, but there are several
gigabytes of personal directories and other information that remain
buried on the hard drive. This is why I have decided to go ahead with
the process of data recovery.

For some backstory of this whole sordid affair, please refer to this

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2008-02/0347.html

I would also like to apologize for the radio silence. To be honest, I
didn't really have any news to share. However, now that some action is
being taken, status updates should start appearing on a more regular
basis.

Going forward, you can tune into the temporary status updates page:

http://newted.org/

You can also follow the Newted Community on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/newted

Grant

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian