[NTLK] SNP and Nitch

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 23:15:14 EST

Hi, folks,

I'm back,enjoying my newish Newt 2000. In a fit of enthusiasm, I transferred all of my GTD projects and todos into Nitch and the Project Stationery it installs. So far so good!

But I use Standalone's Super Notepad 1.87. First, this caused odd formatting in the Notepad--text / buttons appear behind SNP's arrows / etc buttons at the top of the display--with Nitch is installed. Unless Nitch is loaded after SNP (i.e. freeze Nitch, reset, thaw Nitch = beautiful Notepad display back)--so, a workaround.

Secondly and a little more disturbingly, I was unable to access one of my Nitch projects (in the Projects folder, which I've got Nitch watching). I could see it in the overview, but if I tapped its title there, I arrived at an adjacent note. Scrolling brought me to the note on its other side. Moving the notes adjacent to it, using SNP's Move Note function, simply changed which two adjacent notes I saw. Fearing data corruption, I deleted the offending project and restored it from a text-only X-Port (which exports Projects as txt checklists), copying and pasting text in from the Checklist X-Port produced.

Now one more oddity:when I open Nitch, it does not display all of the active next actions from my Projects. Stranger, it displays a different set of such actions when I sort the Nitch view by Actions or Projects.

Anybody else have experience using Nitch and SNP together? Think this is an incompatibility I'm discovering, or just data corruption's aftermath on my Newt?

Best,
Jon