Re: [NTLK] WLAN vs. Bluetooth connection on Newt

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 13:31:01 EST

Hi Chris,

as you are in Germany (Du auch?), I can recommend an actual auction on ebay.de
This dealer has the famous PICO Bluetooth Card (a joke, but I bought
one and it is supported by the available Newton solution and
recognized as Pico! :-)

I could establish a stable connection to my Mac. The only what I did
till now was to transfer data from Newton to the mac (.txt) For my
opinion the installation of a bluetooth-connection is far simplier as
a WLAN connection. I read it would even be possible to go into the
web via bluetooth...

The dealer has just now 49 (!) such cards to sell yet.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Pico-Card-Bluetooth-PCMCIA-Karte-Adapter-fuer-Notebook_W0QQitemZ190263094738QQihZ009QQcategoryZ79463QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Unfortunately he doesn't offer to send them to any other country.
The price seemed not bad to me: 16.50 or 15.50 Euro + 5.50 or 6.50
Euro postage. That means the same amount.
If anyone here would like to buy one, I would phone to the dealer and
ask for international sales.

Theoretical anyone could buy a package with several and order them to
USA or anywhere else.
Any interest and proposals how to manage that?

Regards
Stefan