[NTLK] Connecting to Newton under Linux with VirtualBox

From: Albert <albotic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 18:47:30 EDT

Hello Newton Faithful,
Have any of you guys connected your Newton to Linux (Ubunut preferably) using Virtualbox running Win98 and NCU?

I finally tried out Scott Hanselman's technique of running NCU under Win98 in a virtual machine under Windows Vista, and it works perfectly!

Well now I want to see if I can convert to Linux full time, or at least 90% at home, and want to see what my Synchronization and Program installation options are. I do want to keep my Newton connected somehow.

I also need to find a way to synch the Newton with my contact manager which would either be Outlook running under WINE, or Evolution under Linux. Do you guys have any suggestions?