Re: [NTLK] Exact Measurement of Newton 2000 Screen

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 15:45:12 EDT

Perhaps...but unfortunately that number you supplied seems kind of arbitrary without the values...And besides, I usually round to to 1.8E12 m/sec

  But normally, I use the speed of light as one hundred and eighty-six thousand miles per sec...
  That way when I'm driving down the highway at 80 mph, I have an attainable goal! (186,000 *sounds* smaller than 1.8E12m/sec)
  It's all in the perception!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
John Coady <jcoady@mac.com> wrote:
  And we all know what the speed of light is. Right?

Of course, it's 1.7998848E12.

Never mind that we just had an incredibly cold winter in North America and huge record snowfalls across the continent. As Al Gore said to a bunch of us the other day, these record cold spells and record snowfalls are actually caused by global warming. To which Jerry York replied, "Jeez then I guess we better stop this global warming before we all f**king freeze to death, eh?"

   - "Fake" Steve Jobs 3/24/08 blog entry