Re: [NTLK] Newton to Newton Package Beaming

From: Jaeden Amero <newton_at_patatersoft.info>
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 11:00:01 EDT

> Using the IR port on early iMacs and powerbooks did not allow for a
> connection but Dil tester and then later IRDA Package Installer, did
> allow you to install packages via IRDA.
Unfortunately my PowerBook only supports IRTalk, according to Apple.

> This is something that should be able to do. FIRST INSTALL eeUnprotect.
> I don't knpw whether that card will work or which additional drivers
> you need but follow a setup such as Frank's
> <http://www.pda-soft.de/body_ethernetconnectivity.html>
>
> only install More WiFi or Lantern if you need them.
I definitely needed More WiFi. My Compaq WL110 card wasn't recognized
without it. I did not need Lantern though.

Thanks to your help, I was able to get connected to the internet with
both the eMate and the 2100.

Sincere thanks,
Jaeden