Re: [NTLK] [Poutine] Poutine and wines (Was Re: Test message. Are we still here?)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 09:12:59 EDT

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Lord Groundhog
> This is the usual way of eating fries -- I mean, "chips" -- in the UK.

Really? Hm. I had given upo on a trip to London this summer.... maybe
need to reconsider. ;-)

> Quite stunningly good once you get past the element of surprise. Here they
> use malt vinegar, a golden coloured with a particular combination of aromas
> and flavours I don't remember from back home in NJ. It wouldn't surprise me
> if they made something like it in Pa though. So perhaps what you need is to
> experiment with vinegars till you get the right one.

I've tried the vinegars we can get here--nothing like. But I just
remembered that one can still get them at Rogers Sale, (Rogers sale is
a fleamarket in the middle of nowhere (Rogers), Ohio, about 5 miles
from the PA border). I shall ask my MIL to ask them next time she's
there... Maybe they know a brand. But, like you said, the aroma is
nothing like normal vinegar I know.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland