Re: [NTLK] [OT] Disk images and Newton Press?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 07:35:36 EDT

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Scott Hoffman <scottyhoffo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I just downloaded both Newton Press disk images onto my OS 9.2.2
> Wallstreet and can't seem to get it to load correctly. I opened the
> installer but it keeps wanting me to install the disk... But it's on my hard
> drive!
> I don't really know how to word this otherwise I'd have done a more
> thorough search online. Any ideas?

Did you actually "mount" both disk images? Just having the .img files
on your hard drive isn't enough. You have to mount them, so that they
show up just like a floppy disk would, no the desktop. When both are
mounted like that, then you should be able to install without problem.
You need to have the disk image utility. I forget what it's named, at
the moment, but if you double-click on the .img files, they should
open and mount in the disk image utility (whatever it's named).

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland