Re: [NTLK] Emate Educational Stuff

From: Flemming Sorvin <fsorvin_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 20:56:53 EST

I've had my 5 year old daughter using the emate for over a year now
and she loves it. Here's what I cobbled together for her:

Type To Learn, which she does use. At her age it gets her familiar
with letters. She finds it fun.

NR404, which is a drum beat maker. More fun. She doesn't use it as much.

MathFaster, which her 9 year old sister uses more to help her
memorize times tables.

But mostly, she writes on the notepad, either with HWR or the
keyboard and uses Speak Text to read it back to her. She loves that!

She also draws pictures on the notepad and beams them to me.

The eMate is also one tough little bugger. Her eMate survived a fall
off her top bunk bed with only the latch hook popping off. A quick
visit to Frank's website and a screwdriver fixed it, good as new (no
physical damage occured). I doubt any other machine would have had
survived.

Flemming