Re: [NTLK] Error -10401 when installing a package

From: RedJazz <redjazz_slo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2008 - 13:57:21 EDT

> -10401 means "Bad Package". You get that because
> the Newton
> disconnected before the full package was sent. It seems
> that there
> were too many errors during the transfer of the package. If
> you use a
> serial connection, then you may have an incompatible cable,
> or your
> computer is simply too fast. It would help to upgrade to
> Ethernet or
> WLAN.

Actually, I do use the official Apple connection cable, and I run NCK in MS Virtual PC (in Windows 3.11). Up to now, I have synchronized a thousand times and installed many packages with it, and syncing still seems to work fine though. Also, I tried installing the same package onto an eMate, and it did work, so the package is not corrupted.

> No, just put the icons in other subcategories. There is no
> need to see
> all available packages at once.

I'm a 1.3 user, so I can't file icons into folders. That's why I asked this question, because if I get more than 30 icons in Extras, I will be not able to see all of them.

M. Horvat