Re: [NTLK] New tutorial: chapter 4, new DyneTK 1.7.3

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2008 - 09:31:42 EDT

On 22.06.2008, at 14:35, RedJazz wrote:

>> Enjoy, and as usual, please let me know if you see any
>> ways to improve this or other chapters and if you have
>> suggestions for new chapters.
>>
> I tried to follow the tutorial with NTK and my MP120 w/1.3, but I
> couldn't find the DragNGo and NumberPicker protos. Are those for OS
> 2.x only? Can they be replaced by other protos? I tried protoApp and
> protoInputLine, but then I cannot access the Value slot of
> protoInputLine, since it hasn't got one. Any suggestions?

You should be able to use those. Replace the code in the function with
these (untested). I am also not sure if there is an input field for
numbers onlu on your OS. I am sure a more experienced NS developer
will chime in.

unc()
begin
   local trip := StringToNumber(wTrip.text);
   local gas := StringToNumber(wGas.text);
   local mpg := 99.9;
   if gas>0 then begin
     mpg := trip / gas;
   end;
   SetValue(wMileage, ´text, NumberStr(mpg));
   wMileage:Dirty();
end

----
http://robowerk.com/