Re: [NTLK] Unna seems to be down

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Thu Jun 05 2008 - 00:31:09 EDT

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Morgan Aldridge
<morgant@makkintosshu.com> wrote:

> Yup. Today started out with a DOS attack on UNNA (although I'm
> sincerely hoping it was accidental, judging by the log files).
> Unfortunately, to properly block the DOS attack I needed to upgrade
> the server to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server (from Tiger), so I decided
> to do it today during the day instead of a later night. It was a
> planned upgrade for this week, but sooner than anticipated.
>
> I'm currently taking a break from the upgrades for dinner and such,
> but all that remains is restoring the web configuration and data files
> so it shouldn't be much longer.

UNNA has technically been up for over an hour now, but it's got some
growing pains to go through over the next few days. As I haven't been
focusing on updating that codebase (except what was required to get it
running when I originally migrated it to Mac OS X 10.4.x Server) it
has some issues with the move from PHP 4 to PHP 5. Shouldn't be too
difficult to work through, but it's a bit of a mess at the moment and
WikiWikiNewt is down.

I'll start digging into these issues first thing in the morning.

BTW - The index page is missing the links at the moment, but you can
still browse the archives by going direct:

<http://www.unna.org/view.php>

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com