Re: [NTLK] Using NewtonMail software for modern electronic mail (seriously!)

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Jul 20 2008 - 11:22:54 EDT

You should be able to use the email with your 1.3 newton. Sounds like
you have a modem so you will need a dial-up account that does not
require SSL. I suspect that these are few and far between.
As far as I know there are no web browsers for 1.3.
If you had a terminal app installed you might be able to dial up a
bulletin board.
for example <http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/uiben/wagedial.htm> though
the Newton modem may not be fast enough for this one but others exist.

Woody