Re: [NTLK] No New Newt, epaper witn pen

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 22:54:00 EST

Jon Glass wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2008 7:30 PM, dotline7 <dotline7@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does a piece of paper has a keyboard? No.
>>
>> I think with Air Jobs is closer to piece of paper than to typewriter.
>>
>> Question: should, The Computer of Our Future, be a mixture of calculator and
>> a typewriter? Answer: No.
>>
>> Computer should be more like e-paper with a pen.
>
> but why? I type much faster--and yes, on the QUERTY keyboard--than I
> write by hand. Typing with even the most ineffecient keyboard layout
> is faster than writing by hand. And it takes little effort to

try keeping up with shorthand. I care no how fast you can type you will
be left in the dust. If you don't like to write it then you can learn
like the court stenographers. they'll also leave you in the dust.

A keyboard is fast because you've never tried to do something else.

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.