Re: [NTLK] eMate Carrying Case?

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 15:33:55 EST

At 18:36 24.01.2008, you wrote:
>I carry mine in the original green backpack designed for it that I got in the UK ten years ago or so when I first bought it, and it has served me well ever since. The eMate compartment at the back is well reinforced and the rest of the case leaves some room for books, pens etc. but what I like about it is that although the eMate plus accessories is not that light, the bag does not feel heavy, so I assume it was well designed.

They seem to have discontinued the green variety, but Crumpler makes
the 12'' Gimp, a great pouch for the eMate. One and a half year ago, I wrote
here on the list:

> 1) This fellow here

[original link]

> might be about the ideal bag for the eMate. It almost seems to
> have been designed with the eMate in mind, if you look at the fit, the
> colours and the stitching. Have been using it for some weeks now and
> I'm quite pleased with it. Please test though in the flesh with your
> actual eMate, because the dimensions given here (32.3 x 25.9 x 3.4 cm)
> seem to be incongruent with my own item. (Not affiliated with the
> manufacturer).

The original link don't work anymore, here's a contemporary one:

http://www.crumpler.de/?product=The_12''_Gimp&page=details&product_id=TG12-005&size=big

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html