[NTLK] RES: RES: RES: [Indesejados] Re: No New Newt, epaper witn pen

From: robinson <gaudo_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 07:57:01 EST

I am journalist. I already tryed to carry a keyboard to use in a interview.
Impossible. Even if we do that at phone, in our desk, with a regular
keyboard. Every reporter I know uses a pen and a notepad on the run. In a
interview you have to write on the speech velocity. I know some people do
that and they are professional on that. But we are talking about regular
people. And regular people are not so fast in any kind of keyboard.
Today, with my Newton running Alt-Rec and BBeditor, I am writing very fast
on the screen. May be not fast enough. But When I am working in my articles,
I am not just making a copy of a text at side of my computer. I am creating
one, and sometimes I have to stop and think. Many times, came back, read
what I said and re-write. The same thing on my thesis or any academic paper.
A lot of people I know, making academics papers, create first on paper, with
a pen, and then goes to computer.
Newton HWR was create in 90s. I use Calligrapher 7.5 in my Pencentra and it
is good, but not organic like Newton. Considering a evolution of HWR (I
believe it stoped in time) a tablet device should offer today more velocity
and options in HWR. But it not happens, at least I don't know any software
better than the Newton HWRs.
The keyboard should live forever. There are a lot of jobs that need it. But
others, no. I work on writing. I do it for living at least 21 years, and I
never found a keyboard that can't make me angry sometimes. This is not
QWERTY positions that bothers me, for example. But each producer founds
different places for HOME, DEL and other keys. Now, I am working on a
keyboard that have the HOME key on the right side of BACKSPACE, and this key
have the size of a regular key. It is a pain in the ass. I almost broke it
when I have to write fast. I have 3 keyboards to use, and each one have its
own characteristics. And you have to consider that in Portuguese (I am
Brazilian) we have accented characters and sometimes we found a keyboard
with the signals in different places.... So, the velocity decreases.
Writing with a pen I donīt have this problem. But I need an improved HWR.
Newton is doing well, but should be better.

Huge hug

Robinson
Brazil