Re: [NTLK] RES: RES: [Indesejados] Re: No New Newt, epaper witn pen

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 04:54:51 EST

On 20.01.2008, at 22:58, Greg Hankins wrote:

> One problem — it doesn't work all that well in noisy environments.
> And updating your datebook on the subway using speech recognition
> could get you some pretty strange looks.

Oh and the folks in the cubicle next door will eventually show up with
sharp objects after you yelled "page down" in a motonous voice to your
PC 300 times in an hour while browsing some text. And the soundscape
in the software department should be interesting as well "open curly
brace, ampersand, underscore, backward slash, closed curly brace"
where five keystrokes would have done it. Never mind that your voice
will give up after a while as well.

The Newton HWR is good for text. My Windows XP tablet HWR doesn't even
do that correctly, so that on the XP tablet, I use an onscreen
keyboard. It's al bearable, but voice recognition would not be.

"Browser: go to eitsh tee tee pee colon slash slash doubleyou
doubleyou doubleyou dot big boobs dot com slash britney please..." ;-)

----
http://robowerk.com/