Re: [NTLK] No New Newt [OT]

From: Brian Parker <bunnyboy_at_sealiecomputing.com>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 15:04:28 EST

On Jan 18, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Norman Palardy wrote:

> On 18-Jan-08, at 12:22 PM, Brian Parker wrote:
>
>> The key is to remove things that fewer people will use and do
>> everything else very well. Of course Apple's problem recently seems
>> to be that they are making their apps bigger by adding more features
>> back in without doing them very well...
>
> There seems to be a fair body of opinion that would disagree with
> you're "not doing them very well" sentiment.
> Reviews of the iApps are pretty much favorable.
> Same for the most of the iApps
> Final Cut and the other Pro apps get pretty good reviews

I am not saying they are bad (and I use them all above anything else
except Numbers), just that I don't like the direction of tacking on
NEW features that don't work as well as the original app. Of course
right now I cannot think of examples because I have just gotten used
to it :) I also had many many complaints about the UI changes in
10.5 that were seemingly done for no reason. Window/menu borders, the
whole dock, etc. I heard it was even worse in the betas. Doesn't
make the system bad, just troubling that resources are used on that
instead of something else.

BP