Re: [NTLK] No New Newt [OT]

From: Brian Parker <bunnyboy_at_sealiecomputing.com>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 14:22:45 EST

On Jan 18, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Norman Palardy wrote:

>> Again, Apple takes an already been used idea, repackages it into a
>> nice sleek package and calls it "new technology".
>
> I'd disagree. They take what exists but is usually a pain in the ass
> to do and make it usable by mere mortals.
> I can see my parents being able to do this.
> But not with current set ups and technology.

This is somewhat like what the Wii is doing now. Sure there have been
many driving games before but having a steering wheel and only 1-2
buttons makes it easy for anyone. My mom actually requested
ExciteTruck and loves all the Wii Sports. They aren't quite to the
point of getting their own system but mine is always brought over for
family events.

The key is to remove things that fewer people will use and do
everything else very well. Of course Apple's problem recently seems
to be that they are making their apps bigger by adding more features
back in without doing them very well...

Brian Parker