Re: [NTLK] No New Newt [OT]

From: Norman Palardy <npalardy_at_great-white-software.com>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 13:50:19 EST

On 17-Jan-08, at 4:11 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> So yeah...Apple's idea is nice..but it's a bit of "been there,
> done that".

You have. The average user hasn't and probably would not be able to
at least not easily.

> Again, Apple takes an already been used idea, repackages it into a
> nice sleek package and calls it "new technology".

I'd disagree. They take what exists but is usually a pain in the ass
to do and make it usable by mere mortals.
I can see my parents being able to do this.
But not with current set ups and technology.

> In fact, what Apple is proposing is something that I have been
> doing in almost every job I've had since 2001! I'm not impressed.

I doubt anything they do would impress you :)