Re: [NTLK] No New Newt OT

From: Norman Palardy <npalardy_at_great-white-software.com>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 12:33:38 EST

On 17-Jan-08, at 10:06 AM, dotline7 wrote:

> I agree.
>
> What about more humanistic point of view? We are not add-ons.
> Computer is
> for us and it is our private territory. No thanks for automatic
> plugins. It
> is better Strarbuck's limits it's activities to serving coffee, not
> collecting information about visitors.

I'd agree BUT this is unlikely.
How much information have various sources already got about you ?
Google yourelf

> Secondly, it is time to start thinking about environment. Apple
> proposition,
> the AIR, is irresponsible (battery). The same with Iphone and Ipod.
> People
> who are environment friendly should not buy these devices.

Pardon ?
The Air is more recyclable and environmentally conscious than any
Apple machine to date.
Jobs outlined this when he introduced the Air.
It uses a fully aluminum case which is entirely recyclable.
No mercury and lead in the screen and several other environmentally
conscious items.