Re: [NTLK] Ed's Scrappy program

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 16:50:26 EST

> On 2/7/2008 2:08 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
> > You may need to run "Strip.exe" against that file.
> > I have a copy sitting on my server here:
> > http://www.tek-ed.com/newnpds/strip.zip
> >
> > If you've never run it before, you dump the EXE in the folder where
the PKG is. Open a
command line and type "strip.exe" it will then search for all PKG files and
"fix" them so
that the Newton will recognize them once again.
> > Ed
> > web/gadget guru
> > http://newton.tek-ed.com (download Newton packages)
>
> Another thing you can do, is just have strip.exe and the package you
> want to fix in the same folder. And drag n drop the .pkg file on the
> strip.exe. This also works well. :)

I have never heard of this. (I download and install from a UNIX box, which
I know is very weird). Is anybody capturing nuggets like this and puting
them on the wiki? Is that something I can help with? (As if I need another
project! Yes, my head is full of holes, in case you were about to ask.)

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project