Re: [NTLK] Current Mail V

From: Simon Bell <simonbell_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 06:15:56 EST

On 2 Feb, 2008, at 1:45 am, Gary Dunn wrote:

> new messages still go into never never land and do not appear in my
> Inbox unless I switch the folder selector to "All Items." Is this a
> bug or a feature?

Yes :)

What happens is that MailV creates a folder in your InBox with the
same name as your owner card MailV setup. For example, I set up my
dot Mac account details with the Description: .Mac. After receiving
mail, when I tap the filing tab in the In Box there is a .Mac item in
the pop-down list which I have to select to see my dot Mac mail. Any
IMAP folders I create on the server also appear in the pop-down list.

However...

The Newton filing system imposes a limit of 16 folders on the pop-
down list. If you exceed that limit, items are still filed in the
right folder but there’s no way to select the folder to view; so you
have to resort to the ‘All Items’ view.

This would explain your symptoms. If you think it’s the right
explanation, the solution is to reduce the number of your In Box
folders, or install an extension that increases the number of folders
the Newton filing system allows; its name escapes me but I hope
someone else will chime in at this point.

Simon