Re: [NTLK] Top Ten Newt Software List?

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 04:05:00 EST

Ryan

I work in Corporate Finance so my needs predominantly are:

Lots of little jobs;
Lots of projects;
Lots of meetings;
Lots of contacts;
Lots of calls;

I use MoreInfo for all To-Dos, Mtgs, Calls and Contacts.

Mtg Notes: I created my own template in Notes and use that repeatedly: Just
duplicate the boilerplate note, fill it out, give it a name and file it in the
appropriate folder. SuperNotepad is an excellent enhancement for Notes.

A good financial calculator is ProCalc.

I also use the built-in Currency Converter which might be useful for you if you
need to quote in foreign currencies.

I use Eckharts bluetooth to conveniently transfer Work-Related Notes to a PC;
but if you're using a 2000 don't install the bluetooth or Wifi connectivity
software as they use up too much resource.

Of course, all apps are only as good as the operator, so I review my ToDos,
calls and mtgs for the next day the night before. Sunday nights I go through
and review for the week ahead. As I write this, I realise I should do that near
the end of the month for the month ahead but I'm not that organised! I used to
carry a Franklin Day Planner everywhere so I don't mind carrying the Newt
everywhere too.

Any serious web browsing, spreadsheeting, or document preparation is done on a
laptop since the Newt can't read MS Office or PDF files natively.

HTH

Tony.