Re: [NTLK] Wireless: Connecting to base stations...

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 12:30:19 EDT

If you have a wireless base station or router then you should connect
directly to it.
Should not matter what os other computers connected to that base
station are using.
Your primary concern will likely be the settings on your Newt. If you
have your ethernet settings entered correctly
see <http://www.pda-soft.de/body_ethernetconnectivity.html>
When you insert the wireless card tap setup and enter your SSID and if
using WEP enter Hex equivalent (I recommend turning WEP off until you
have succeed in connecting to eliminate it as a problem, then once
you know you can connect then turn it back on)

To test connection use NCX if on a Mac or use a browser to connect to
a site such as www.skweezer.net to test.

Woody

On Aug 24, 2008, at 10:43 AM, Andy Taylor wrote:

> Hi again
> Unlike Andy Bloom my wifi's not there yet!
> I've got my Orinoco Silver fitted to my 2100 with approp packages
> installed.

snip