Re: [NTLK] newton connection tools

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 05:42:03 EDT

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
> On 8/18/2008 4:43 PM, Tony Morrow wrote:
> I understand his reason for protecting
> his software and he has every right to, but it also means that for such
> a small community of users not many are going to purchase the software
> he has obviously spent a great deal of time developing. Which is a real
> shame.

This kind of protection scheme is rather useless, especially, as there
are so many programs that are based on the user name, and those who
used this system were obviously happy. I never liked software linked
to a particular hardware device, and never purchased said software for
this very reason. So, in the end, from my perspective at least, it
certainly kept the developer from making profit on me--and I presume,
others. And now, it's a real mess for those who spent their good
money, trusting these developers.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland