Re: [NTLK] NCU via usb?

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 17:12:46 EDT

On 8/19/08 5:41 AM, "Marisa Giancarla" <fstltna@yahoo.com> wrote:
> even then packages over 200 or 300k
> tend to error out rather than completing.

You get the errors on Simon Bell's NCX in OS X or NCU running under OS 9?

I too get the errors on larger transfers with NCX. But I never get the
errors when running straight off an SE/30 (no need for a keyspan adapter)
and the patched version of NCU (which allows me a transfer speed of 57600.

My problem right now is that I have a backup file in NCX format, but the
Restore function times out before I can restore everything. I'd like to use
my SE/30 and NCU, but NCX format is not compatible! What a mess!

I sent Simon a Console log yesterday, but I don't know if there will be a
fix for this problem. Someone previously wrote something about a "driver"
needing to be written to possibly solve this problem. If so, I doubt that's
going to happen anytime soon.

--James Wages