Re: [NTLK] NCU via usb?

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 16:43:22 EDT

On Aug 18, 2008, at 4:24 PM, Jeff Kidman wrote:

> Ok, so I connect to my Mac & NCX over a serial to USB cable just fine.
> Can I do the same with Windows XP and NCU? First attempt failed to
> connect.
> Is there another Windows utility maybe?
> I can plug the serial cable in directly and they connect, but it's
> a pain, I'd rather go USB like I do on the Mac.
>
> Jeff

1. When you plug the USB adapter into your XP machine, does the COM
port appear under Device Manager?
2. You may need to change the speed of the COM port to a speed that
works with the Newton. I don't know what it is off the top of my
head, but i'm sure someone on the list here knows.
3. You may need to run 1 or 2 instances of slowdown.exe to get NCU to
work. This is a known issue. <http://www.unna.org/view.php?/windows>

I go off topic a bit (probably need to start a new thread), but that
ever happened to the development of Newton Connection Tools <http://
usuarios.arnet.com.ar/mtu16/>?