Re: [NTLK] wifi question

From: McHugh Frank <madmax_2069_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Sep 20 2007 - 21:21:07 EDT

SSID is a acronym meaning Service Set Identifier,

a SSID is the name of the wireless signal of a wifi
network. say if you have a belking wireless router its
default SSID would be like belkin , belkin54g or so on
depending on the model. every wifi has a SSID just
depending on the model ( if its using the default
SSID) or diffrent if the owner ( also known as a
admin) changes it. The SSID is a sequence of up to 32
letters or numbers usually they are only 5-10
characters long.

one thing i wish the driver included was a power meter
to show you how strong the signal is, and a program
you could run to see the available wifi signals. here
there are allot of hotspots down town and i dont know
any of them which makes it to where i cant connect
downtown.

i wanted real badly to try and code one , but that is
imposable cause i dont know how to program and then on
top of that i know nothing how a SSID scanner works